Yoghurt marinated chicken
In an attempt to reduce the amount of white carbohydrates in our diets, Mr BBall and I would have chicken and a side salad or veggie fritters almost every week. To avoid turning dinner into a mundane experience, I was keen to experiment with how the chicken was marinated, spiced or cooked.
So when a friend at work told me she marinated chicken breast in yoghurt I cursed…how had I never thought of that! I am the yoghurt lady after all.
- 1 clove garlic diced finely
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove fat off chicken breast and cut each chicken breast into fifths
- To make the marinade mix together the yoghurt, garlic, lemon, dried oregano, salt and pepper
- Add the chicken to the marinade and put it in the fridge for around 2 hours
- Heat the pan cook on high
- Cook chicken on both sides until brown and cooked through – approximately 4 minutes on each side depending on the size of your chicken pieces and heat of the pan. Don’t overcook it.
- Serve with the MOO yoghurt and apple coleslaw, pumpkin salad with yoghurt and mustard dressing or a simple salad.
The yoghurt makes the chicken moist and adds a great tart flavour.
Fun farewell yoghurt fact – “There has long been a belief that eating yoghurt is associated with longevity, and many studies have been done. In fact, Bulgarians have a longer than average lifespan and it is believed that this is due to the large quantities of cultured milk products that they consume.”