Chocolate peanut butter balls
We were going to visit family for morning tea when I had a moment of panic and realised I had nothing to take. In these situations no bake bites are my go to. They are easy, simple and need very few ingredients. Whatever is in the pantry, you can put in a mixing ball with some melted butter and chocolate and you have a quick sweet treat.
That day, I was wanting to feel like a kid again so looked for ingredients that would conjure up fond childhood memories. That ingredient for me is peanut butter.
Peanut butter with honey on toast was my weekend indulgence. I loved the sweet and salty combination.
So with almond biscuits in the pantry and an abundance of peanut butter at my disposal I got to work.
- 1 1/2 cup crushed biscuits - whatever biscuits you like or have in the pantry
- 3/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- 75g butter
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter smooth
- Crush biscuits - keep it a little chunky for some crunch
- melt butter and chocolate over low heat until smooth
- Add in yoghurt
- Add in peanut butter and mix until well combined
- Put in the fridge for 30minutes or until firm
- Roll around 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball. Put some warm water in a bowl and put your hands in it to avoid the mixture sticking to your hands
- Roll in a topping of your choice or leave without anything
- Put in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
You can have fun with these - add some crushed nuts, use some dried fruit or cover coconut or hundreds and thousands. Whatever flavour you want or ingredients you have in the pantry.
The yoghurt gives it a tang, chocolate the sweetness and peanut butter the saltiness and creaminess.