Six friends, 10 bottles of wine and one yoghurt inspired canapé - it was the perfect start to my Just Add Yoghurt dinner party.
This light, salty, slightly sweet and creamy canapé brings together a handful of ingredients to make the perfect bite.
- 1 cup(150g) plain flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yoghurt
- Sift flour and mix with sugar, baking powder and salt
- Mix the milk, Greek yoghurt and egg together
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together with a hand whisk until it forms a smooth batter. Similar to a pancake butter
- Heat a pan until hot
- Spray pan with oil
- Once pan is hot, place 1 tablespoon of batter and pour with spoon facing down to make a circle. Repeat until you use all the batter
- Put blinis aside.
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon caramelised balsamic
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 50g feta cheese cut into small 50mm cubes.
- Finely chop tomato into small cubes and cover with the caramelised balsamic
- To make the avocado mousse, beat avocado, yoghurt, lime juice, salt and pepper together using an electric beater until smooth
- Heat a non-stick pan and once hot place thinly sliced chorizo on there. Cook until both sides are brown.
Putting it together:
- Place 1 teaspoon of avocado mousse on each blini
- Place one slice of chorizo on each
- Place around 3-4 small pieces of caramelised balsamic tomato on each
- Top with a small piece of feta
- Serve on a platter.
I love this dish - it's fun, delicious and looks impressive (a lot harder then it actually is!).
Farewell fun yoghurt fact: All yogurt begins its life in the same way: Milk is heated, cooled, and left to ferment.