MOO passionfruit yoghurt Rudolph caramel tartlets
It’s almost Christmas time! As the holiday season approaches, I was inspired to create something to kick-start the Christmas cheer at work. A simple take on the butternut snap tartlets with a few extra ingredients to make it extra special.
- Arnott’s Butternut Snap biscuits
- 70g butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons MOO passionfruit yoghurt
- Christmas M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced
- Place 12 Arnott’s Butternut Snap biscuits in a shallow tartlet tray
- Place in the oven until they are soft enough to mould
- Carefully press the centre of the biscuits into the bottom of the shallow tartlet tray to form shallow cups
- Set aside to cool
- To make the caramel melt the butter and add sugar until it dissolves and thickens
- Remove from heat and quickly mix in the yoghurt
- Return to heat on low until it thickens (up to 5 minutes)
- Fill biscuit cases with approximately 1 tablespoon of caramel
- Place the tartlets in the fridge until caramel thickens
- Break up pretzels so they look like little reindeer antlers
- Once caramel is thick, attach the pretzels so they look like antlers and use two green M&Ms as eyes and a red M&M as a nose.
A tip: don’t put the pretzels or M&Ms on until they are ready to be served. The caramel is soft so they can move if arranged too early.
In the spirit of Christmas my fun farewell fact will be reindeer focused: “Like a human’s fingerprint no two reindeer antlers are exactly the same.”