MOO Dahi Beef Burgers
As summer looms, the BBQ beckons and I am always drawn in. Longer days, warmer nights and the smell of charred meat makes entertaining so much more fun.
For my family, a Christmas BBQ is the staple. Lamb chops, sausages, chicken and when we are lucky homemade burgers. While I love cooking a homemade burger, I am an overcooking culprit and often end up with a dry patty.
So I tried adding yoghurt to bind and provide some more moisture to the patty. And oh did it work.
- ½ brown onion finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1kg beef
- 2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon MOO Dahi yoghurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 – 1 ½ tablespoons salt (to taste)
- Cook onion and garlic until soft, let cool
- Mix beef, oregano, BBQ sauce, yoghurt, egg, breadcrumbs and salt until well combined
- Add onion and garlic
- Divide the mix up into 8 portions
- Roll the portions into patties
- Cook patties on the BBQ or stove top for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on how you like them cooked (be careful of grease)
- Serve in burger buns with lettuce, tomato, caramelised onions, mustard, tomato sauce, pickles, cheese and bacon (or whatever tickles your fancy – I love it with hummus or tzatziki).
This burger is a perfect holiday recipe and a great option for a fun dinner party or interactive Christmas lunch! I do love DIY meals. It’s more interactive and fun.
Farewell fun yoghurt fact: “The most notable benefit of this yogurt is its capability to either arrest or partially suppress the growth of harmful micro-organisms in our body.”