Grilled pumpkin and haloumi salad with yoghurt sauce
You know when you start waking up in the morning and it starts to get darker and darker. Plus that after work walk you try and do everyday seems to end with only the dull glow of the moon? It's that time of year in Australia when the long warm days quickly escape us so we are trying to BBQ as much as possible before winter hits and we never see the light of day again.
While sausages, lamb chops and grilled chicken are staples on our BBQ menu, I always like to add a salad to the mix. This pumpkin and haloumi salad is the perfect side to BBQ feast.
- 500g kent pumpkin, seeded and cut into 7mm slices
- 180g haloumi sliced into 5mm slices
- 150g lettuce
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon dukkah
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat the BBQ
- Mix the oil, dukkah and salt
- Rub the oil mixture onto the pumpkin
- Grill pumpkin on the BBQ until soft and cooked through – it’s ok if it blackens and grill marks is a must
- Meanwhile mix the yoghurt, lemon, mint and olive oil to make the dressing, put in the fridge
- Once pumpkin is cooked, grill the haloumi until it starts to brown and softens
- Put the lettuce leaves on a platter
- Place the pumpkin and haloumi around the salad leaves
- Dollop the yoghurt dressing over the salad
A must before the darkness of winter consumes us!
Post a Comment