Beef koftas with yoghurt garlic sauce
As the weather gets warmer and days longer, beef koftas with salad is one of my favourite dishes to make. With the yoghurt garlic sauce, these koftas are packed with aromatic spice and flavour.
You can also cook these koftas on a stick, one of the most basic, ancient forms of cooking. It also makes it a lot of fun to eat and the kids will love it.
- 1 kg mince beef
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt (heaped)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- Mix all the kofta ingredients together
- Shape into short sausage shapes
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot
- Place the koftas on the pan and turn the heat to medium
- Cook until brown on all sides – approximately 3 minutes on each side
Don’t overcook – cut one open to see whether they are cooked and still moist.
Serve with salad, pita bread and the garlic yoghurt sauce.
Fun farewell yoghurt fact: “Yogurt processing begins with reducing the fat content and increasing the total solids in the milk.”