Peanut chocolate fudge bliss balls
I love chocolate and peanut butter individually but when combined they make my tastebuds work in overdrive. If I could, I’d eat peanut butter chocolate ice-cream every night. But I think my waistline (and wedding dress) would hate me.
So these peanut chocolate fudge bliss balls are an excellent alternative. They are nutty, moist and a perfect 3.30itis snack. I don’t know about you but every time it hits 3.30pm at work I need my afternoon tea and snack to get through the last part of the day.
- ½ cup almonds
- 1/3 cup oats
- 8 dates
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon natural 100% peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey – add a little more if you like it extra sweet).
- Put the almonds and oats in the food processor until finely crushed
- Add the dates and process until fine
- Add the cocoa until well incorporated
- Add the Greek yoghurt, peanut butter and maple syrup and process until the entire mixture comes together like a dough
- Roll out the mixture into balls. You should get approximately 12 balls the size of golf balls.
- Put the balls in the fridge to firm.
Fun farewell yoghurt fact: “Yoghurt can be made by any mammal that produces milk, be it goat, sheep, water buffalo, yak or camel!”*