Olive yoghurt dip
It is 4.30pm and I'm at work, I get a message from my husband telling me that some of his friends are coming over to watch the football. Instantly my mind goes into overdrive...I have no snacks in the fridge!
Then I remember the pantry full of our homemade olives ready to whizz up for a delicious dip that can be made in minutes.
This is for the olive lover - perfect as a dip, spread on a sandwich (toasted is best) or even dressing for a pasta salad.
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 small chili
- 5 capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (optional)
- Blend olives, garlic, yoghurt, chili and capers together
- Mix in lemon and feta
- If too thin, stir through the breadcrumbs to thicken it up
- Serve with crackers and carrot sticks on the side
Did you know that November 9th is National Greek Yoghurt Day. Any excuse to eat yoghurt all day...