Couscous salad with yoghurt dressing
I love cooking for my family but I always get a little nervous about having enough food. So when I had my family over for a burger night I decided to make a hearty salad as a side dish.
This couscous salad is colourful and flavoursome. It’s also healthy and very flexible – a great, whatever is in my fridge weeknight meal.
- 3/4 cup couscous – I used wholemeal
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin (room temperature)
- ½ cup corn
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon tomato Kasoundi
- 100g feta
- Poor boiling vegetable stock over the couscous and cover with a plate
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until cooked and fluff up with a fork
- Spread over a platter to cool
- Once cooled top with diced tomatoes, baby spinach, roasted pumpkin and corn
- Mix the yoghurt and kasoundi together – add some water if too thick
- Spoon the yoghurt dressing over the salad
- Crumble the feta over the salad,
A simple weeknight meal or side dish to grilled chicken, fish or steak. You could also add some grilled zucchini, roasted eggplant or grilled capsicum.
Fun yoghurt farewell fact “Yogurt became popular in other parts of the world during the twentieth
century when suggestions were made about its health benefits”